CBD Edibles - All About What They Are, Their Types, and Benefits
Chances are, you've heard about CBD edibles. From CBD-infused gummies to chocolate and even coconut oil and honey, CBD edibles are everywhere. But what are they, and why are people so crazy about them? Wonder no more: this guide is designed to help you understand exactly what CBD edibles are and how they can make you feel. Read on to learn all about CBD edibles and their benefits, and get ready to reap the rewards of adding CBD edibles to your lifestyle or wellness routine.
What Are CBD Edibles?
CBD edibles are simply edibles that contain cannabidiol, or CBD. The common cannabis plant contains hundreds of different components, of which CBD is the second-most common (after THC); CBD is also a very common component of hemp. CBD is typically extracted from hemp using a variety of methods; most industrial CBD production facilities pump supercritical carbon dioxide through their hemp to extract CBD in the form of an oil.
Once you've extracted the CBD oil from an industrial hemp plant, the world is your oyster! The oil can be taken on its own, used to make CBD gummies, or even baked into chocolate chip cookies. Many CBD fans like gummies and other CBD oil edibles because they mask the taste of the CBD oil. No matter how you prefer to consume your CBD-infused edibles, there's an option out there that's perfect for you.
Types Of CBD
The world of CBD can seem overwhelming to a newcomer. No need to worry: it's not as confusing as it seems. For instance, you've probably seen a few different terms are thrown around, such as "broad-spectrum CBD," "full-spectrum CBD," and "CBD isolate". But what do they mean?
- Full-spectrum CBD contains the full spectrum of all components found in hemp or cannabis, including THC, which is the main psychoactive component of marijuana. Although all full-spectrum CBD must contain less than 0.3% THC, it's still present in trace amounts.
- Broad-spectrum CBD contains many of the components found in hemp or cannabis (across a broad spectrum, if you will), but it does not contain THC.
- CBD isolates are just that: isolated CBD extracted from hemp, with zero other compounds.
Types Of Edibles
The only limit to finding the type of CBD edible that's right for you is your imagination. CBD edibles come in a wide variety of products. They can be taken sublingually (under the tongue) as oils, eaten as gummies or other foods and absorbed through the digestive system, or swallowed as capsules. Although CBD oil can certainly be taken on its own, many find its grassy, botanical taste off-putting or unappetizing. Therefore, buying CBD gummies or mixing CBD oil into another food or drink is a great alternative for people who want the effects of CBD edibles without having to experience the taste.
What Do Edibles Do?
Perhaps the main question any new CBD user has is how does CBD oil make you feel? While the benefits vary for everyone (see below), most users agree it helps them feel calmer, relieves stress, and improves sleep. Just make sure to follow the proper CBD edible dosage and all other instructions in order to safely maximize CBD's effects.
Do CBD Edibles Get You High?
Nope. The psychoactive component of marijuana, THC, is not present in our broad-spectrum CBD gummies. Therefore, CBD edibles will not make you feel high.
CBD has revolutionized the wellness industry — but why does everyone love it so much? The benefits of CBD edibles are many. Although they vary from user to user, there are some commonly reported benefits that have been touted as CBD edibles' effects.
- Stress relief. Perhaps the main benefit of CBD is that it has been shown to relieve stress in animals such as rats by interacting with specific receptors in the brain. Many users of CBD edibles have reported feeling calmer and less stressed after taking CBD.
- Improved mood. The stress-relieving properties of CBD edibles make them great for improving their consumers' mood.
- Pain relief. Many athletes and fans enjoy CBD due to its soothing, pain-relieving properties.
- Sleep improvement. The calming, stress-relieving properties of CBD make it ideal for helping improve sleep. CBD edibles are thus a helpful component of a restful nighttime routine.
With these potential benefits, it's no wonder that CBD edibles have become as popular as they are. With the ability to potentially improve your stress, mood, pain, and sleep, CBD edibles have the power to take your daily routine to the next level.
How Long Does It Take For CBD Edibles To Work?
It depends! The effects of CBD depend on how you take it (i.e., how quickly it is absorbed into the bloodstream), how much you take, and the CBD's quality and dosage. In general, most people begin to feel the effects of CBD within 20 minutes to 2 hours, but again, it depends — using a small amount of CBD lotion on the skin will take longer to work its magic than dropping CBD oil directly under your tongue. If you need to feel the effects of your CBD edibles as soon as possible, consider using an oil with a higher concentration instead of a capsule or other CBD product that will take longer to break down and be absorbed into your bloodstream. Ultimately, there's no one answer!
Whether you're a CBD edible expert or brand new to the world of CBD edibles, there's a CBD-infused product for everyone. If you're interested in trying CBD edibles for yourself, check out our CBD gummies or oils and give them a try. With zero THC and broad-spectrum CBD, our products are great for helping you relax and focus. Check out our convenient online store today to peruse our CBD products, and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.