Are you considering trying Delta 9 for the first time and wondering how long the high would last? Perhaps you already use Delta 9 THC products and want to know how your high duration compares to the general populace. Whichever the case may be, you’ve come to the right place.
However, you should note that one answer does not fit all when it comes to Delta 9 “high” durations. Instead, several factors come into play in determining the unique duration for each user.
Nevertheless, we’ll explore the subject as much as we can.
This article discusses the various factors that help shed light on the length of time the high from Delta 9 THC lasts. Furthermore, we also share vital information about Delta 9 THC that every user should know.
- There’s no one-size-fits-all answer regarding the question of how long Delta 9 highs last.
- The duration of your Delta 9 high depends on several factors such as your method of consumption, body size, and more.
- Delta 9 highs can last anywhere from 30 minutes to as long as eight hours.
What is Delta 9 THC?
Delta 9 THC (also called Delta-9 THC or simply as THC) is one of the most popular cannabinoids in hemp and cannabis plants. Like other cannabinoids, Delta-9 THC works by attaching itself to the cannabinoid receptors located in the brain and nervous system. Through this, it can affect the body in many ways, particularly causing intoxication.
You should note that there are different types of THC, but Delta-9 THC is the most popular one. As a result, when people mention THC's effects, they often refer to the effects of Delta-9 THC. However, there are other forms of THC, like delta 10 and delta 8.
Furthermore, individuals can consume Delta-9 THC via several ways. They include:
- Inhalation: This may be through smoking, dabbing, or vaping, and it is one of the fastest methods to consume Delta-9 THC and feel its intoxicating effects on the body. However, inhalation highs also last the shortest.
- Ingestion: Ingestion involves taking THC capsules, edibles, or tinctures. Typically, it takes longer for the intoxicating effects of Delta-9 THC to kick when ingested. Consuming Delta-9 orally will typically give you the longest high.
- Topical application: This involves oils, balms, lotions, etc. This method is often used to deal with specific issues like inflammation and typically doesn't carry the intoxicating effects of Delta-9 THC.
What are the Effects of a Delta 9 High?
Here are some of the effects you should expect when you consume Delta-9 THC products:
It Supports Relaxation and Stress Relief
Most users of Delta-9 THC report that it helps them deal with stress and is an excellent way to relax. This may be possible because the high from Delta-9 often induces a sense of euphoria and relaxation that may help relieve stress.
It May Cause Altered Awareness and Perception of Things
Delta-9 "high" typically causes users to see events, space, and time in a different manner than they would have ordinarily.
As a result, you may react to things differently than you would ordinarily. For instance, if you were on a Delta-9 high, you may respond to a dangerous situation with more boldness than you normally would.
It May Result in a Feeling of Giddiness and Excitement
Users of Delta-9 THC typically feel excited and energetic when intoxicated. This may result from the cannabinoid's influence on the brain and nervous system of the body. Furthermore, this effect may be useful if an individual is already dealing with unhappiness and anxiety.
It May Cause Increased Appetite
Delta-9 high is often followed by something called "munchies," which is a feeling of hunger and appetite that leads users to consume more food. Notably, this feeling may support individuals who have trouble eating by encouraging them to eat.
It May Slow Down Reaction Time and Cause Difficulty in Focusing
Last but not least, it is not uncommon for users of Delta-9 THC to report slower reaction times and difficulty thinking and speaking when intoxicated. These effects may not seem positive, but they are often temporal and would disappear once the "high" dissipates.
How Long Does a Delta 9 High Last?
You probably want a specific answer to this question. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
Instead, different factors can influence how long Delta-9 high lasts in different individuals. As a result, you and someone else may take the exact dosage of Delta-9 THC and experience varying "highs" durations.
One factor determining the duration of the high you experience from Delta-9 is your body’s metabolism rate. Your sensitivity to THC will also play a significant role in determining your high duration. Another major factor that affects how long a high lasts is how you consume the THC.
Generally, inhaling Delta-9 will typically result in a shorter high duration, while eating or sublingual applications will give you longer highs.
Other factors that may affect how long a Delta-9 high will last include:
- The volume of THC that you consume. The more volume you consume, the longer your high will last.
- Whether you take Delta-9 THC on a full stomach or an empty stomach. On an empty stomach, the intoxicating effects of Delta-9 will usually be longer and more intense.
- Whether you take the cannabinoid with other intoxicating substances or medications.
How Long Does a Delta-9 Edibles High Last?
It is also impossible to know how long the high from a Delta-9 edible will last because it is affected by several factors.
Some of these factors include:
- The size and dosage of the edible: Edibles come in various sizes and doses, and this plays a part in the length of the high gotten from edibles. Generally, the higher the dose or size you take, the longer the high.
- Tolerance of individuals: Individuals have different tolerance levels to THC. This means that two people can take the same dose of Delta-9 edible and experience different things. Typically, a first-time user will have a lower tolerance than someone who has taken Delta-9 in the past. As a result, we typically recommend that new users start from the lowest doses possible.
Other factors that affect how long a high lasts include:
- Individual weight
- Metabolism rate
However, you should note that the high from edibles lasts longer than from smoking or vaping. Therefore, it typically lasts somewhere between 6-8 hours.
Where to Buy Delta 9 Online
Are you looking to enjoy the wonderful effects of Delta-9 THC? Then stay tuned because we’re close to launching our new Delta-9 Gummies. These will be made with the same quality as our current products but with the pleasant effects that this cannabinoid offers.
For now, you can browse our website to go through our CBD offerings.